Sunday, May 30, 2004

procrastination nation

been putting off working on the paper for my senior project for long enough this weekend. I started working on it about an hour ago and am taking a "small" break to post to my blog.

So here's the most recent news concerning my vespa. I ordered a new front axle, and it finally arrived earlier this week. I took apart my front wheel assembly. I pulled out the old wheel bearings and axle. I cleaned out the housing, the bearings, and miscellaneous other parts, repacked them with new grease, and then tried to reassemble with the new axle. The new axle didn't fit!

I made it a point when I ordered the part to ask the vendor if I was ordering the correct part. I informed them of the year and model of my scooter, of the fact that it is now on 10 inch wheels instead of 8 inch and that their shop had done the restoration of it! The shop emailed me and said that "yes it is the correct part". Well, obviously it is not. I don't have the time to deal with the shop before graduation, so I'll have to put it off until I move down to my parents for my post-graduation break. I had really been looking forward to getting it back on the road.

No comments: