Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Two Entries in One Day!!!

Wow, I didn't realize how little I like writing anything more than snippets of stuff using my pda. I haven't used the different sip's (soft input method) available in pocketPC enough to decide which one I like the best. The transcriber is nice sometimes, but doesn't recognize my writing very well (most humans don't either). I mostly use the keyboard because of that. (the other two forms are similar to the block recognition on the palm os).

I think I might spend some time looking in to the things that can be done with web design to allow for different form factors (i.e. screen size/resolution/graphical capabilities). Mostly I'm talking about dealing with different mobile devices with limited screen real estate and resolution, not complete lack of graphical capabilities (yeah, yeah, I know, we've got to be nice to those lynx old-timers too;) We'll see if I can find the time. Staying pretty busy with the senior project still. Making good progress though.

I'll probably borrow a laptop from school again this weekend and take it home with me. I'm gonna head down to San Bernardino for the weekend. I'll be able to see my mom on mother's day weekend and I'll be able to catch the Laker game on Sunday with my dad. I'm gonna take amtrak this time instead of greyhound. I think I've had enough of greyhound for awhile. Greyhound's never been a good experience, and I've ridden it at least 10 or 15 times throughout the years since 1994. Sometimes the schedules of Amtrak won't accomodate though. Luckily they will this weekend. It's even cheaper to take Amtrak than it is to take Greyhound. I took Greyhound a couple weeks ago and it cost me over $100 round trip. I'm taking Amtrak and it's costing me just ~$61. Granted, it's dropping me in Riverside instead of San Bernardino, and I'm taking it from LA to SLO on Sunday instead of Riverside to SLO. However the difference in price to have gone from Riverside was just another $9. So I save ~$30, but have to get someone to pick me up and drop me off in Riverside. Sounds like a good deal to me.

No comments: