Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What does it take to get a cup of coffee around here?

I went down to security at about 9:30am this morning to pick up my building access card for the NY offices. Decided to head outside to grab a coffee at starbucks instead of free brewed coffee at work. That is until I got outside and noticed that the Starbucks across the street had a line of at least 12 people. OUTSIDE THE SHOP!! Didn't even walk over to see how thick it was inside. So I took a quick pic of the spectacle and enjoyed the sunshine for a minute before heading back up.


It's probably extremely difficult to make anything out in the photo. My apologies, all I have is the camera phone on my old smartphone, and it takes pretty crappy pictures. That shop across the street is the Starbucks and even though it looks like the people all the way to the right may not be in line because of the gap, let me tell you, they are.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

I would give ANYTHING for a starbucks....not one in the whole of Argentina, however I hear from other fellow travelers, Santiago, Chile has one!!!! I am soooooooooo there!

Miguel said...

If you go to Chile you definitely have to go to Valparaiso. I think you would really like Valparaiso.

Anonymous said...

when I was in NYC in 2002, I remember, at one point, walking for an entire hour before finally finding a coffee shop that served espresso drinks to go (totally unheard of in Seattle!)