Tuesday, March 11, 2008

First Day in New York

Ok, so I've been here for a day so far. Weather's definitely better here than it was when I left London :). London was extremely windy and rainy. Today was clear blue skies, albeit a bit chilly. So I'm going to try and do my best to take advantage of the food choices while I'm here and I'm going to try to relate my experiences as I go along. I asked for opinions of places to check out from the Infusion folks that live and work here. That in addition to a list that I've started with my own research gives me a large list to choose from.

Tonight I ate dinner at a place called Spaghetti Western. It's a couple blocks from the corporate flat I'm staying at here in Tribeca. The name on the sign caught my eye as I walked by it earlier today. I'm a fan of spaghetti westerns, in fact I just finished watching They Call Me Trinity (original name: Lo chiamavano Trinità) this past weekend in London. Ah, Terence Hill...

So the food at Spaghetti Western was ok. But the place itself was great. Tons of posters from actual (Italian) spaghetti westerns and photos all over the wall. Lot's of dark wood and some great blues playing. I'd definitely go back again, even though their beer selection is lacking.

Hey Rachelle, speaking of where I'm staying in Tribeca... You won't believe this but the corporate flat I'm staying at is right across the street from the little hotel we stayed at. When I arrived at 1am from the airport I looked at the grocer in front of the building and thought "damn that looks really familiar". Well as I was walking back to the place this evening I stopped and took a better look around and realized why it looked so familiar. It was the same one that was right in front of the Cosmopolitan Hotel. Craziness.

Well folks, until next time...
"You may think he's a sleepy-type guy
always takes his time
soon I know you'll be changing your mind
when you've seen him use a gun, boy
when you've seen him use a gun..."

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

that was a great hotel...i liked that area too. :)