Sunday, September 05, 2004

Long Labor Day Weekend

So it's Sunday the 5th of September. Bumbershoot weekend in Seattle. This weekend was/is dedicated to finding an apartment and having fun! So far, I've been succesful at both goals!

I put a deposit on an apartment yesterday. It is a 1+ bedroom on 17th street in Capitol Hill. It's a decent sized place, which is nice (approx. 800 s.f.). Hard wood floors are being refinished this week, linoleum in kitchen is being replaced and it is being painted. I should be moving in next weekend, which is just in time. :) My temp housing assignment expires next Sunday @ 11am, so I need to be out of the place by then. This also means that I will probably be buying some kind of a car in the next week or so as well. Man, the money is already flying out of the bank account.

So, on to the fun! Friday night, I caught Death Cab for Cutie, the Presidents of the United States of America, and United State of Electronica at Bumbershoot. Yesterday, I saw the Black Keys, Pedro the Lion, part of Drive-By Truckers, part of Face to Face and some other bands I didn't know the name of. I was thoroughly dissapointed with both the black keys and drive-by truckers. Oh well. Today I plan on catching at least These Arms are Snakes and Cobra High. Tomorrow! Oh tomorrow! Toots and the Maytals, the Pixies, Built to Spill, the Killers, maybe Harvey Danger, who knows what else.

Well, I've got to go get started on having fun for the day. bye.

No comments: