Tuesday, August 17, 2004

So Here I Am

...in Redmond, sitting at my desk, at work. I don't have internet connectivity at home currently, so I'm staying after work to take advantage of the free access. Won't spend too much time though, so it's going to be a short entry ;)

The arrival and move into my apartment went smoothly. They rented me a Pontiac Grand Am which is a nice roomy car, and the temp housing they put me up in is about 5-8 miles from work. Today is my second day of work. My first day consisted of NEO (New Employee Orientation) from 8:30am untill 2:30pm, meeting the team, setting up my office, getting some reading material, and leaving at about 4pm. Not too shabby! I'm sure it will prove to be the easiest day I will ever have at work here :).

I'm sharing an office with another new guy (he's been here about 2 months) who also happened to be an intern over the summer. In fact, I met him over the summer. It also turns out that Justin Wilcox, another Poly grad and friend of mine, is on the team as well. It really is a small world after all! Heh. Truthfully though, I should have remembered/realized that Justin was on the team (since he told me when I ran into him during one of my trips here for interviews), but we all know how Miguel's mind works sometimes (or doesn't work for that matter).

Well, I'm getting hungry so it's time for me to say goodbye.
goodbye.

No comments: