Thursday, August 05, 2004

A Day Alone

Today is the first day that my sister is attending classes for her new semester. My parents are going shopping at these little "artisan" shops in the city. I´d rather not be doing that, so this is my day to myself. I said to my family last night that it won´t be until today that we actually realize how much we´ve been depending on Rebecca.

I rode the metro to school with Rebecca. I´m currently sitting in a computer lab, catching up on emails (more relocation stuff mostly) and writing to my blog. It´s a familiar feeling, being in a computer lab like this. The drone from the fans in the machines and the buzz of quiet conversation surrounding me. It´s really no different from the labs at Cal Poly. It doesn´t matter that I can´t understand a word these people are speaking, I´m not listening. They just provide the background noise that allows me to sink my mind into my work, which at this moment is writing.

I´ll go grab some coffee as soon as I finish this entry and watch the people walk through the buildings here on campus. I´m also going to go do some shopping of my own today, if I can manage to find my way around this city without Rebecca. Beyond that and eating something, I don´t really have any plans for the day. Just relaxing. :)

No comments: