Monday, July 19, 2004

Well, that was fun...

Just got back from Austin yesterday.  The new EB labs are a lot roomier than they were when I was there, which is great for them since they have 6 teams over the summer instead of the 3 they had while I was there.  Boy did I miss Texas BBQ alot!  I got to hit Rudy's for some brisket and hot links, but I forgot to buy a bottle of their sauce while I was there.  I also had some Stubb's BBQ before the They Might Be Giants show I caught while I was there.
 
I caught a few movies while I was there.  I caught I Robot with Aaron, Elfred and one of Elfred's friends from UT. It was much better than I thought it was going to be.  However, as I suspected, it has almost nothing to do with the Asimov book by the same name other than the three laws of robotics.  According to the credits, the movie was "Suggested by Isaac Asimov's 'I Robot'".  Right...  I also hit The Drafthouse with Elfred to catch Fahrenheit 9/11.  The Drafthouse is the best movie to hit movie theatres since the motion picture.  They remove (or don't install) every other row of seats in the theatre.  Instead of the seats, they install a bar.  They have servers that help you throughout the film to beer, wine, food, etc...  Great idea!  The newer Drafthouses show the new films and blockbusters.  The old Drafthouse shows art, indie, cult films etc...

No comments: