Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Regarding 4th of July and also my travels

So the fireworks display on the 4th was interesting. I was in my sister and brother-in-law's back yard, which is on a hill overlooking San Bernardino. This was the first time I've been in San Bernardino for the 4th in years. I expected seeing the usual big shows, which didn't happen. I'm not sure where the big shows were supposed to be at this year, but I missed them. However, I was not dissapointed since about 1/2 of San Bernardino had purchased an inordinate amount of illegal ordinance. And I'm not just talking about things like M-80s. I mean big ass, high flying, colored spark shooting, awe-inspiring fireworks. These were no bottle rockets. I had a 270 degree view of the show that blanketed all of San Bernardino. There was one house that was probably about 3/4 of a mile from us that seriously had to have lit off close to a hundred of them. I didn't hear a single siren all night either! It was kind of amazing.

So on to my travels. I said last post that I probably wouldn't be going anywhere other than Chile. Well I lied. Actually, I believed myself when I typed it, so technically it wasn't a lie... Right? Anyways, I just booked a flight to Austin for next week. Leave on Wednesday and return on Sunday. Should be a good time. I'm hoping to be able to hang out with the everyone from the Exreme Blue labs, as well as Aaron from Cal Poly (who is an EB co-op right now) and Elfred (who was an EB co-op with me last year). I've been thinking alot about the last year or so recently (I have enough time to), and I've realized that I like Austin alot more than I initially thought I did. Maybe I'm just remembering the good and forgetting the bad, although god knows I'll never forget _ALL_ the bad (but that's not a story I want to get into here). I guess I'll find out in a week.

No comments: