Sunday, June 29, 2008

Who Knew There's New News?

I purchased my concert tickets to Tom Waits in Prague weeks ago, but hadn't yet gotten around to booking my flight and accomodations until today. Fly in late Friday and back late the following Wednesday. Man I'm really looking forward to that. It was a difficult decision to make between a hostel and a hotel. In the end I went for a private room at a hostel, though I believe it is a shared bathroom. Compromise between privacy and price.

This coming weekend I'm flying into Toronto for a week as part of the new project I'm working on. Most of the other people on the project with me are based out of Toronto, so we're having a week of ramp up and architecture/design discussions to get the project off to a good start. I'm hoping to actually have some free time this time around in Toronto and look forward to hanging out with Matt and Janella (?on spelling of her name).

Besides those two items, not a whole lot new going on. Second week living in Camden Town went fine. Still no furniture, but I am borrowing an inflatable mattress from a co-worker so at least I'm not sleeping on the floor anymore. I promise to have the place furnished before any of you drop in for a visit :). Speaking of visitation, I've found a great pub that I'll definitely be taking people to. It's named Quinns and its a bit out of the Camden Town core, so it's not too crowded. They have a decent selection of Belgian beer in bottles, and they only charge 3.30 pounds per bottle, which is what some of the other pubs in Camden Town charge for a pulled pint of ale. For those not in the know in regards to current conversion rates that's about $6.50 for my bottle of St. Bernardus Abt 12. Pretty close to what Rob charges at the Monk, right?

Speaking of Quinns, it's a beatiful Sunday afternoon, I think I deserve a St. Bernardus...

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

hey miguel, just caught up on your blog...what are the dates you will be in czech. repub. maybe i can meet you for a couple of days. let me know soon, so maybe we can have a few pils togther and catch up. r.